Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Real Day One

Wow...taking the time to make blog post sure can be difficult...Let's catch up...

One thing I'm not going to miss when I get back in shape: Those "heat rash" bumps you get on your sides...hate em...kinda gross...

so I really began my P90X workout on Monday Jan 7...I ran Sat and Sun (Sun I did 2 miles....not too bad until I think back that I once ran a marathon...Big Sur Marathon ...if you ever plan on doing this insane thing, and are only going to run one, I recommend checking this one out...you start out in the middle of redwood trees and then run most of the run on the PCH overlooking the Pacific Ocean...its incredibly beautiful...

Oh yea...my start on Monday...I did the first workout...Chest and Back ...it really is tough. Basically you are alternating between a chest exercise and a back exercise, doing one set of reps to exhaustion, about a 15 sec rest and then on to the next exercise. Because of my shoulder, I can't do a pull-up...YET!!!...so luckily I have a lat pull down machine in upstairs workout room.
You do about 12 exercises (with 15 s rest btw each and a 35 s rest each 4 sets) and you are beat...but its not over, you now start at the beginning and do it again...This is what I did for my first day














No comments: